MS Outlook is the most prominent and widely used desktop email client in the business industry. Outlook provides a lot of features and functionalities to the users. Apart from these pros, the Outlook has several cons too like sometimes errors occurred by Outlook. Here we are going to describe one of the error: Operation Failed: Object could not be found. It is also known as Outlook error code 0x8004010F. The error is a MAPI (Massage Application Programming Interface) error and it occurs when a user clicks on sends/receives email option. The error 0x8004010F occurs mainly in an OST file if the configuration is not done in a correct way or the OST file got corrupted. The main reason for this is to replace the OST file and download the OAB (Offline Address Book) file. This error will stop the user to send & receive emails from another user.
Fix Error Operation failed: Object file could not be found in Outlook 2013, 2016-
To fix Outlook 0x8004010F error there are methods which will help you to access your OST data again in Outlook.
- Remove Outlook Compatibility Mode.
- Repair Outlook Email client.
- Create a new Outlook Profile.
Solution 1: Check there is Outlook Compatibility Mode is active or not-
At the start, to remove this error user need to check the Outlook compatibility mode is enable or disable. If it is enabled then disable it. To do so, follow these simple steps-
- Go to Start >> type Outlook.exe
- Right-click on the program to go to the outlook properties.
- From Outlook Properties dialog box click on the Compatibility tab.
- Check the dialog box of the Run this program in compatibility mode is checked or not.
- If it is checked then uncheck it for once and restart the system.
Note: If this method doesn’t work for you then try another method, listed below.
Solution 2: Repair the Outlook to fix the error Operation failed: Object could not be found-
Repair the Outlook can be one more solution to fix Outlook 0x8004010F error which stops the user to send/receive the mail from another profile. To solve this error follow these steps-
- Press Window+R and type appwiz.cpl or from the Control Panel click on Program and features option. Then right-click on Office package and select Change option.
- Click on repair option and wait till the process end.
- Close the window and restart the system.
- Open your Outlook after turning your system on.
Note: This method may solve the Outlook error 0x8004010F: Object could not be found.
Create a New Profile in Outlook to get the error 0x8004010F solution-
This may be the last manual solution to fix Operation failed: Object could not be found error. To get the complete solution and access the OST data again you need to follow these steps.
- Open Control panel and click on Mail (32-bit) option.
- In Mail Setup-Outlook box, click on Show Profile option.
- Under the Mail Setup-Outlook box in General tab click on Add button.
- Set a new name for your Profile in New profile window.
- Enter the correct details of your email account for account configuration manually.
- After filling all the details, select Existing Outlook Data File option and click Browse.
- In the outlook data file dialog box, select outlook data file and click on the next.
- In the text account setting dialog box, click close.
- After complete, all method click finish.
If the described manual process for “error 0x8004010F- Operation Failed: Outlook data file could not be found” doesn’t work for you then try a third-party solution to repair your corrupted or orphaned OST file and export Offline data in PST format. Here we recommend you try QuickMigrations for OST to PST software. It will provide you 100% OST recovery and keep your data properties remain the same in Outlook PST format.